For this game, you will need at least 5 large pieces of paper with blends? on them. For example “PA”, “BE”, “CO”, “MI”, “TU”.
Make two sets. One for you and one to play with.
- Place these sheets in different parts of the room.
- When your child is ready, show them a blend from your set, but don’t say it. For example “PA”
- Your child has to find the blend in the room, and then think of at least 3 words starting with that blend.
- You can even use a timer to increase the excitement.
- If they haven’t thought of 3 before the time is up, let them move on to the next blend and repeat the process.
- Try and keep tabs on the number of words they said and then review it once the game is finished. Take this opportunity to think of new words for each blend.
Be warned! Your kids might want to play this game again and again and again!