Blender Bender (Mixing Colours)
Flashcard games for the home. This game encourages your children to learn about colour blends.
For this game, you will need at least 6 large pieces of paper with colours on them.
Pick the 3 primary colours and the 3 secondary colours. For example Red Blue Yellow Purple Orange Green.
Make two sets. One for you and one to play with.
- Place these sheets in different parts of the room.
- When your child is ready, show them a colour from your set, but don’t say it. (Example: “Blue”)
- Your child has to find the colour sheet in the room, and then identify the two colours that make up that colour, if relevant. (Example: Orange, Yellow and Red)
- You can even use a timer to increase the excitement.
- If they haven’t thought of the right combination before the time is up, let them move on to the next colour and repeat the process.
- Try and keep tabs on the colour blends they come up with and review it once the game is finished. Take this opportunity to teach your kids about secondary colours.
Be warned! Your kids might want to play this game again and again and again!
This flashcard game works best if followed by games on the Play School app.