Cross The River (Colour Patterns)
This game promotes problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
For this game, you will need a white or blackboard and 2 sets of colour flashcards
- Start by picking three cards that make a pattern. For example red blue red “blank”.
- Place these cards at the bottom of your white/blackboard where everyone can see.
- Draw a river and boat above the cards.
- Explain to your class that they will take turns being boatmen who have to cross the river.
- Pick a student to be the first boatman.
- Tell the student that they have to get to the other side of the river by figuring out the missing card.
- Ask the class to chant “Can you cross the crocodile river? Can you cross the crocodile river and get to the other side?”.
- If the child guesses incorrectly, his boat sinks.
- The game ends when all the children have successfully crossed the river.
- As the game progresses, add more cards to make the sequence longer.
This classroom game works best if playing with the Play School app. To understand how the Play School app promotes problem solving, read the article below: