Cross the River (Shape Patterns)
Flashcard games to play at home. This game promotes problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
For this game, you will need two sets of shape flashcards and two pieces of paper. One with a boat on the water and one with a sinking boat.
- Pick 3 shape cards and place them in a sequence. (Example: Circle, Square, Circle, “Blank”)
- Put your boat on the water at the start of the sequence.
- Have your child identify the next shape in the sequence.
- If your child guesses the sequence correctly, the boat moves to the other side of the sequence.
- If your child guesses the sequence incorrectly, the boat sinks!
- If you have more than one child, have them take turns to see who keeps their boat afloat the most!
This flashcard game works best if followed by games on the Play School app. To understand how the Play School app promotes problem-solving and critical thinking, read the article below: