For this game, you will need to draw a large TIC TAC TOE grid on a piece of paper. In each cell, write a vowel with the symbols for either long or short. (Remember: a worm for long)
If you have one child:
- Lay out the vowel cards in front of your child.
- Ask them to pick a card, identify the vowel and point to the corresponding cell on the board.
- Ask them if the vowel is short or long and ask them to say a word starting with that vowel.
- Cross out the correct answers from the board.
- The game ends when all the vowels are crossed out!
If you have more than one child:
- If you have more than one child, you can split them up into teams!
- One is the (O) team and the other the X team.
- Follow the same process as above!
- First team to get 3 in a row is the winner!
This flashcard game works best if followed by games on the Play School app.